Search This Blog

Posts by Category

Monday, September 21, 2015

College

Recently it was brought to my attention that I am now a college student. I probably should have seen the signs- my campus got bigger, my classmates were different looking, and people starting worrying about SATs much less- but I didn't until earlier today when I attended my first lecture. It was hot and long and we had to turn in a writing prompt response that I did not feel amazing about.



"Do you have any questions?"


I did not, which I wrote, but I felt like I did have questions. Why give us a prompt that could have a yes or no response when we are obligated to write a paragraph? That doesn't make sense, which arguably could have been my question, but I was too hot to be clever when it mattered.



"I don't have any questions. If I do I will certainly ask you about them, but I don't. I think it's a good thing that I don't have any- you seem to know what you're doing teaching wise, and I seem to know what i'm doing listening wise. I hope I leave all my lectures this thoroughly answered, because frankly it's a wonderful feeling, even if I have nothing to write about. "



But despite it being amazingly hot and our lecture halls not having air conditioning, i'm surrounded by trees and forest and feel like this dog.







I hope I never stop prancing in leaves,

as always,

Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment